In addition to digital radiography, we utilize special surgical operating microscopes. The microscope has changed the face of endodontics. Our practice was one of the first in the state to become proficient in the use of the surgical operating microscope and we use this technology on every patient that we treat. Magnification and fiber-optic illumination are invaluable tools that assist Dr. Moretton and Dr. Vail in performing the technical aspects of root canal therapy, endodontic retreatment and apicoectomy. Below are just a few applications in which the doctors at Endodontics Specialists utilize the Global Surgical Microscope.
- Improved lighting and magnification (up to 12x) aid in locating addition canals.
- Improves ability to thoroughly clean prepared canals.
- Aids in retreatment of broken instruments.
- Accurate depth of retro-prep extension can be more easily assessed.
- Improves detection and evaluation of root fractures and abnormalities.
- Allows Dr. Moretton and Dr. Vail to minimize the size of the surgical site, reducing patient discomfort and healing time.
- Improves accuracy of microsurgical incisions and suturing, permitting precise tissue approximation for primary wound healing.
- Provides high-resolution video for patient education, enhance training, and also allows for detailed documentation.