What about infection control?
The doctors and staff take infection control very seriously at Endodontic Specialists. We adhere to the most rigorous standards of infection control advocated by OSHA, the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. We utilize autoclave sterilization and barrier techniques to eliminate any risk of infection.
Endodontic Specialists adhere to the following guidelines:
ADA Policy Statement on Bloodborne Pathogens, Infection Control and the Practice of Dentistry
ADA Statement on Infection Control in Dentistry
CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings (2003 )
Endodontic Specialists Infection Control Information:
- We follow stringent infection control procedures as outlined by the above guidelines. Also, the doctors only delegate procedures to staff members that are licensed or qualified to perform per state regulations. We care about our patients health and safety are our foremost priorities.
- All dental staff involved in patient care scrub their hands before each and every patient and use appropriate protective garb such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear.
- A new set of gloves and masks are used for each patient.
- Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, instrument tray, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and decontaminated.
- Non-disposable dental instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients.
- In our office, we sterilized instruments using a steam autoclave and the unit is spore tested weekly to ensure proper sterilization of the unit which complies with OSHA regulations.
- Disposable items like needles and gauze are placed in special bags or containers for monitored disposal.
- Your well-being is important to the doctors and the staff, which is why we follow stringent infection control procedures and comply with all state regulations for the protection of our patients.
- We have regular infection control training to keep staff members current on infection control procedures.
Your Comfort and Safety is Important to Us!
We take every precaution to insure a healthy clean environment.